Allflex RS420 Green Stick Reader
Easily read HDX or FDX-B RFID tags with the 60cm Allflex RS420 Series Stick Reader. This extremely rugged, portable hand-held RFID scanning device provides cable-free operation through its rechargeable 7.4VDC Li-Ion batter pack. You get wireless communication via the integrated Bluetooth® module.
With built-in wireless synchronization you can operate multiple RS420 readers in the same vicinity without causing interference between readings. The RS420 Series readers conform to the technical specifications of ISO Standards 11784 and 11785. Designed with a larger display and high contrast LCD display screen that includes a battery level indicator, connection status indicator, and clock.
The large green thumb-actuated Power On/Read button activates the reader. A red Exciter Active visual indicator alerts the user the reader is looking for a tag within range. Once a tag is detected, an audible beep and vibrating handle, along with a green visual indicator alerts the user the tag was successfully scanned and stored to memory.
The black thumb-actuated button allows the user to access the reader menu. The LCD readout also displays the RFID tag number, tag type, session and total tag count.
Power is provided to the RS420 Series through the removable 7.4VDC Li-Ion rechargeable battery pack which provides optimum operating time for scanning your livestock. The battery is recharged by using the detachable one meter long coiled cable, with a DB9(f) data connector containing an integral coaxial power jack, and provided power supply.
The Stick Reader comes with a Windows® based PC utility program called EID Tag Manager which can be used to configure or download tag data into useful formats - Xcel, Word, etc. The stick reader's internal memory holds 100,000 - or 10,000 animals per session - RFID tag numbers.
User Friendly Features
- Large backlit screen
- Easy to read in sunlight or darkness
- Display shows RFID in large, easy to read numbers
- Vibration, audible beep and flashing green light on tag read
- Fast charge, long life battery charges in less than 3 hours
- Battery runs for 8 hours in continuous reading mode, and 16 hours in eco power mode
- Bluetooth inbuilt with ability to set up fast connection to 3 Bluetooth devices
- Bluetooth compatibility with Android and Apple products
- Ability to upload cross-reference files
- To identify animals in a mob for treatments/drafting
- To identify extra animals in a mob
- To draft stock
- Extremely robust reader that passes rugged industry water-resistance and drop tests
- USB upload/download to/from USB Memory Stick
- USB connection to computer
- 2 button navigation of the control features menu
- Rugged, reliable and durable
- Rubber anti-slip gripping surface
- Stores up to 100,000 records in sessions with time and date stamp
- Increased read ranges of up to 42cm from the tip for HDX cattle tags or 30cm for HDX sheep tags; in best orientation
- Dedicated back-up and support staff
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Fully ISO compatible and reads all brands of electronic tags that meet ISO11784 and 11785 standards
The Allflex RS420 Series Stick Reader is assembled in a rugged fiberglass tube enclosure designed to be easy to hold and operate with either hand, and is convenient to position in the vicinity of the transponder being scanned. The scanning antenna coil is internally mounted in the forward end of the tube and is orientated for optimal read distance with ear tags when the axis of the transponder is coaxial to the axis of the enclosure tube.
This antenna produces a read zone that extends 360° around the end of the tube in axial and radial planes, allowing transponders to be read in any relative orientation. The Allflex RS420 Series Stick Reader is 60cm long and weighs approximately 29.4 ounces, including the battery pack. Sealed to IP67 specifications for being dust tight and water immersible for brief periods.
- Memory: Stores 100,000 - 10,000 per session - transponder codes in non-volatile memory for download
- User Memory: Accessed by holding the black button down for 3 seconds
- Battery Charge Duration: 3 hours
- Dimensions:60 cm L x 32 mm Diameter
- Weight: 29.3 ounces
- Operating Temperature: 4° F to 131° F
- Humidity: 0 to 85%
- Hermeticity: IP-67 - dust-tight/water immersible per IEC 529